Sunday 27 May 2012

Production Notes - Part Un

Tonight I find myself watching the Bafta's, yet again.

I've seen Steven Moffatt take home an award for his writing, I've seen horribly written and performed links. I've seen award after award being given and accepted with over sentimental speeches about thanking everyone who got you there and even a couple of speeches that made you stop and think... Not always for the right reasons.

I've been lucky enough to receive nominations for pieces of work I've written. I'm not going to degrade them or put them down, because there are plenty of people out there that never have and never will have someone take in what they've done and like it so much that they'll put their name forward for an award. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but thank you for those who did. Even though we've never went beyond the long list last year, I have high hopes that this year we'll go one further. So on this occasion even before we find out our fate I'd like to thank the CEO of Misfits Audio Cap'n John, who has given me unequivocal support in my vision for the series of Star Rabbit Tracks and I hope I've repaid him. Just wait until series 3 starts with a major shift in gears.  I've also got my fingers crossed for the future of In The Line Of Duty: The Vanguard Archives, because there are some lovely character moments in these prequels that will pay off in the bigger picture when the series starts. :)

But, anyway, you don't read this... although I'd love to know what they one guy from Saudi Arabia thought of my blog please comment next time you're passing through... because you want to hear about me going on about  what may be happening. You want to know what IS happening.

Tuesday marks several firsts,

1) The first film I've written/produced/directed
2) The first film produced under the Nun With A Gun Manchester banner.

Ok, you were probably expecting more and to be honest so was I. But to be on the inside looking out it's another spoke on the bicycle of life. By the time half the year is out another 3 films will have finished principle photography, Dave Keys will have completed filming on Ghost story 'The Whisperers' and one or possibly two other shorts will also be completed (I keep these secret at this time because they remain the property of their writers up until their completion, upon which time I will snatch them with an evil laugh and wave them around like they are my own hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

*cough* *cough*

Anywaaaaaaaaay, back to the beginning. My ambition is to one day walk the carpet at an  awards ceremony and to pick up a winners bag. I'm quite relaxed, maybe a nice speech about my work mates, how Mrs Perry-Smith was kind enough to let me hijack her company, or Mr Baker for bringing the trio together in the first place. Can I thank Mr Abassi and Mr Alam for giving me my first taste of successful screenwriting. Maybe I'll get obscure and thank Ms Yourieff or Mr Busby. Maybe Mr Frandsen or Mr Reed.

Of course no award ceremony and no speech is complete without that obscure reference, and here's mine. Thank you to the special person who made me believe, who made me want to do better and be better and kicked me so hard that I got better. You are my island, my soul provider and my muse. I hope to one day be on that red carpet with you by my side. :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment