Monday 27 August 2012

Tracing The Paper


I've been on holiday, unlike some people on the social network ladder I thought I wouldn't mention it before I went away, just in case someone knew where I lived and tried to burgle me. I suppose that makes me pretty insecure, but hey, not really sure I care. sometimes the things you notice most about a holiday is just how much you needed it. 7 days in tranquillity with no TV, no meithering idiots,  plenty of time to unwind with a book.

What I discovered most about the holiday, was a little bit of contemplation and a couple of regrets... Not to mention some Daddy-Long-Legs and expensive Cider. £4.90 a bottle, is this usual or unusual, its been a while since I've been out for a drink. Some of the regrets I'll carry and learn from, times have moved on so much that I'll never get that opportunity again, I do wonder what would have happened are where it would've led. But that's one mistake I'll live with. My other regret is one that I'm currently in the process of trying to change.

In a couple of weeks it will be Autumn, that is three seasons that I've been a semi-nun. Cause for celebration with the mother superior when I get a minute I think. And the one thing I have learned is that you must be thinking two to three projects ahead at every step. Because we have to work with no to low budgets and co-productions the voice and ability to shout and exert power is considerably lessened, because quite frankly because you're not offering anything by way of payment they could quite rightly tell you to piss off.

Patience is one of my better virtues, I have bags and bags of it which is possibly why I often get tested to my limits, quite a number of people have tested my patience with inane prattle and general dickheadedness. The fact that I inwardly instead of outwardly combust is possibly one of my worst flaws. I could possibly add that to the regret pile, if I'd told certain people to fuck off and stop telling me how shit their life is then maybe things would have been different again. Oh well, these things are apparently all meant to lead us down a chosen path.

Since I have returned from my holiday I appear to have a renewed energy and a slightly different outlook. I'm more than happy to have projects on the go, especially if they have been filmed and are in need of editing. So far the Nun With A Gun/PixieFairieCreative output currently looks like this.

1 - ForeverTogether - Completed and can be viewed on YouTube, Vimeo, Black Flag TV and Metacafe.

2 - Searching For The Night - Script locked, on hiatus while interested parties are sounded out. Potential to expand into a feature screenplay.

3 - Paging Matthew Harris - Script locked, production unit re-assigned. Should start to enter production in the next four weeks.

4 - The Whisperers - In the edit.

5 - A Relaxing Day In The Country - In the edit.

6 - Roulette Of Horror - Script locked. On hiatus waiting for rescheduling and possible re assignment.

7 - Project "12 Days" - Currently scripting. (12 separate scripts)

8 - Jiffy - Script locked, waiting to assign production unit.

As you can see that's nearly 1 project per month so far. In reality because of our fledgling nature we should be pushing for at least five productions at production stage. The ambitious nature of "12 Days" should make up for that fact... I will tell you more in the coming weeks.

As mother superior says "Onwards Gentlemen" so watch this space as more details about project "12 Days" are dripped out. All I will say is that the words "roses" "messages" "laundry" feature in titles so far.

Our aim may outstretch our reach, but that won't stop us reaching. :) You never regret something if you've tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment