Monday 31 December 2012

When The World Ends Call Amy Lee When I'm Sober For Me.


So, 2012 is nearly at an end. I have to say that even though it doesn't rank as the greatest year for me, (For those interested 2010 was that year) it will probably linger in the top four a bit like Arsenal. I will attempt to run down a few reasons why 2012 was a nice little year.

1 - www.pixiefairiecreative.co.uk

Hello, yes that's me that is. That's my very own website the features links to almost everything I've done. I feel very proud of it. It showcases my talent quite nicely and also features galleries from my film shoots. It has taken years but I now have a central hub. Of course some would say I've had a big fat hub for years....

The next step is to look at making PixieFairieCreative a fully functioning production company with accountants, accounts, incomes and expenses. Reasons for which will become clear in the next three years. (Oooh how mysterious do you want to be?)

2 - IMDB

Guess what you can do in 2012 that you couldn't do at any point in the past 30 years? Yes, you guessed correctly you can put Noel Rainford into the IMDB search bar and come up with credits. Have to admit that this is a very proud achievement and one that I share with Robin Booth and Max Byrne who both have virgin credits to their name. Hopefully that will change next year too.

3 - Being A Northerner

Hang on a minute, I can hear you all cry at once. What's so great about being a Northerner in 2012? Well I'll name you a few shall I?

  • Danny Boyle - Creator of the greatest Olympic Games Opening Ceremony ever seen. [Highlight of which can be seen here... http://youtu.be/257EDRKfQFk
  • Bradley Wiggins - Tour de France, Olympic Gold, Sports Personality Of The Year, Knight of the Realm
  • Jason Kenny - Olympic Gold
  • Paddy McGuinness - Just because.
  • Manchester City - Premier League Champions
  • Ian McKellan - Former Bolton School pupil
 So Mr Cameron if you could just fuck off back into number 10 and stop screwing with us it would be greatly appreciated.

4 - BakerNunPixie

BakerNunPixie  is my pet name for our little collective. Scott Baker, Elinor Perry-Smith and myself.  2012 has been a nice learning curve (as I mentioned in my last post) and I already have ideas in my head for where we can go in 2013, which have already been discussed with Mrs Perry-Smith.  Stand by for bigger announcements in the coming months, because 2013 will be the year of BakerNunPixie, you mark my words.

5 - Jubilee

Ok,I know that quite a lot of republicans out there will disagree with this. But let me just point something out here. The Jubilee weekend was a major moneyspinner for the Country as was the Olympics. Without a Royal Family who cost us about 70p per person a year (compared to the bailed out bankers who cost us £1,000 per person last year.) then we would be 300% more fucked as the economy falters. A lot of foreign travel comes into the country for our prestigious events pumping money into our economy, paying our inflated prices for crap beer and dodgy food. Standing in the rain, buying our knock off Jubilee Tat. That's what makes Britain Great, the fact that these idiots are willing to do all that just to say hello.




No comments:

Post a Comment